OT: OT: Lets Go Cardinals! (All Baseball Talk Here) Part 2

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Actually, he leads MLB in DWAR among SS.
Ketel Marte and his 1 inning of work doesn't really count.

Winn has a ton of range, gets a ton of chances and turns a ton of double plays. Some throwing errors are to be expected, but overall he's been an absolute gem defensively.
Admittedly, I don't watch games, so I don't know. Once in a while, I look at boxscores and his 8 errors stood out, but I'll trust the opinion of those who actually watch the games.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Winn is an absolute stud and should be a mainstay for the next decade or so. Definitely a few growing pains with the errors but nothing to worry about IMO, he is gonna be winning gold gloves in the near future.

Great to see the kind of turn around we have recently, the team is actually fun to watch again. Hopefully they can keep it up against a great Phillies team this weekend.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Winn is definitely a stud defensively. Errors are kind of a weird stat. He’s definitely had some blatant misplays, but he’s also made “errors” on balls that most other SS wouldn’t have gotten to, so while they wouldn’t get an error on the play, they also never have a chance to actually make the play like Winn does. Love everything about him. He’s confident to the point of almost being cocky, but not quite. He plays hard, he plays smart, and he’s unbelievably talented. One of my favorite Cardinals in a LONG time.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Winn's arm could potentially be the best arm in MLB history at the shortstop position. He'll need a bit more consistency and obviously some longevity to actually do it, but it's a definite possibility. It's also great the other parts of his game are strong enough he'll have the chance to show it.

He's also a kid who is very smart about how to play baseball and has leadership quality. I feel like he could kind of become our next generation's Molina in terms of what he can do in those regards. Catcher may be a better spot to do that from, but SS would be the next best thing. Here's hoping he continues to develop like this.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I’m glad I brought up Winn. So happy that he’s more than a weird stat.

I love defensive baseball and solid pitching. Winn is compelling me to watch some games. I gotta see this kid. Seems he’s got attitude as well and the chops to back it up. Pretty exciting.

It’s about time we have someone to cheer for. If the Cardinals can solidify 2nd base and catcher, then I’ll get even more excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad