Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Odd, you didn't go back to 2016....
We're talking Yzerman picks, and to be fair to Draper, he wasn't in charge until 2020 (Wright quit after the 2019 draft). So it's:
- Willander
- Neiderbach
- Hanas
- Buium
- James
- Buch
- Trey
- Gibson
- CLEVELAND!

Out of which I still only like Buch and Trey, and maybe Gibson. Aside from Buch, Draper hasn't gone after a goal scorer in the second. Some of the 2020 2nd rounders are already playing in the NHL, notably Peterka and Evangelista, both of whom were mentioned here pre-draft (not by me, this isn't a flex, lol)

That wasn't the first year of the rebuild. 2016 netted us Givani Smith and some bum that we traded to the Canucks for future HOFer ASP.
LOL. Yeah, 2018 was the start of the rebuild when Kenny traded Tats for a bunch of picks, second rounders that year were Burger and McIsaac. I think we should just talk about Stevie, what Kenny did is irrelevant at this point. I'd rather focus on Draper, since he's in charge now.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
We're talking Yzerman picks, and to be fair to Draper, he wasn't in charge until 2020 (Wright quit after the 2019 draft). So it's:
- Willander
- Neiderbach
- Hanas
- Buium
- James
- Buch
- Trey
- Gibson
- CLEVELAND!

Out of which I still only like Buch and Trey, and maybe Gibson. Aside from Buch, Draper hasn't gone after a goal scorer in the second. Some of the 2020 2nd rounders are already playing in the NHL, notably Peterka and Evangelista, both of whom were mentioned here pre-draft (not by me, this isn't a flex, lol)

LOL. Yeah, 2018 was the start of the rebuild when Kenny traded Tats for a bunch of picks, second rounders that year were Burger and McIsaac. I think we should just talk about Stevie, what Kenny did is irrelevant at this point. I'd rather focus on Draper, since he's in charge now.

A little early to bag on those picks since at least half could still be NHLers. And I don't think it would be crazy to see Hanas and James able to carve out bottom6 careers.

Reactions: Henkka

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
A little early to bag on those picks since at least half could still be NHLers. And I don't think it would be crazy to see Hanas and James able to carve out bottom6 careers.
If Cross Hanas carves out an NHL career, I'll... well... I was going to say I'll ban myself, but that would just create a bunch of Cross Hanas fans, and that's annoying.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
4th line and bottom pair are dime a dozen in the NHL, you can sign guys like Fischer or ZAR for basically league min every offseason. The entire point of the draft is to get value out of the ELC contract and to lock in high end talent. I've said it before, but it looks like Draper is picking guys that play like him, but remember what he cost to acquire.... $1.

It makes sense that a lot of us want Draper swinging for home runs.

If Cross Hanas carves out an NHL career, I'll... well... I was going to say I'll ban myself, but that would just create a bunch of Cross Hanas fans, and that's annoying.
Count me in. Criss Cross go Hanas!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad