Athens to --) FPHL

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Yeah using a league as a placeholder for the league that you didn’t get isn’t a good idea.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Put a team in Spartanburg, sc nearby!
doesn't Charleston already have one and Florence (Pee Dee) collapsed..... the major reason they likely didn't convince Crelin enough after what Savannah went through and established.... how does this team impact Savannah would likely be another potential concern.... never mind erasing the history of what the ECHL had to do when Augusta collapsed in season much like what transpired in St. John's earlier this year with the collapse of the Growlers in season.... I suspect the E might want somewhat of a contingency plan should things go sideways

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
doesn't Charleston already have one and Florence (Pee Dee) collapsed..... the major reason they likely didn't convince Crelin enough after what Savannah went through and established.... how does this team impact Savannah would likely be another potential concern.... never mind erasing the history of what the ECHL had to do when Augusta collapsed in season much like what transpired in St. John's earlier this year with the collapse of the Growlers in season.... I suspect the E might want somewhat of a contingency plan should things go sideways
None of what you just said makes any sense.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't mind the name per se it's the marketing angle that this franchise is considering.... because the Maine Celtics fanbase still is referenced as "Crustacean Nation" AND IF U LOOK at the their logo it's a green lobster as prior to 2021 it was red. since when is Athens a lobster centric state.... it's way better than Classic City Panic which is horrendous as a pro nickname

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... since when is Athens a lobster centric state....
The name was clearly chosen to complement (or cajole) the team's business partnership with The B-52s, who hail from the city. Smart marketing outweighs silly logos. And the latter still draws attention to the new product, so it's a win-win.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The name was clearly chosen to complement (or cajole) the team's business partnership with The B-52s, who hail from the city. Smart marketing outweighs silly logos. And the latter still draws attention to the new product, so it's a win-win.
not my point.... it's the tagline or the promotional has ZERO to do w. the B-52s.... it's the marketing angle either "Claws Up" OR "Crustacean Nation" which is already used here in Portland.... and has since 2009

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
not my point.... it's the tagline or the promotional has ZERO to do w. the B-52s.... it's the marketing angle either "Claws Up" OR "Crustacean Nation" which is already used here in Portland.... and has since 2009
They simply forgot to check with you first, nothing personal intended, they'll do better next time, and they hope you forgive them.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
1. Why tf are you talking about markets other than the one being referenced?
2. You're going to cite Charleston when Spartanburg is less than 40 minutes from Greenville's rink?

Do you even take half a second to compose a thought or do you type first, ask questions in a year or two?

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
1. Why tf are you talking about markets other than the one being referenced?
2. You're going to cite Charleston when Spartanburg is less than 40 minutes from Greenville's rink?

Do you even take half a second to compose a thought or do you type first, ask questions in a year or two?
The beauty of HUTCH-space is that it's based on non-Euclidian parallels & infinite impossibilities. :huh:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I only brought up Spartanburg as a play on JMCx4’s Peloponnesian war joke..

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
As someone who has both worked with an ECHL team and lived in Athens I can confidently say absolutely not. Think Iowa Heartlanders. SPHL would probably work though
Too be fair, the Heart-breakers made it through 3 ECHL seasons & are navigating toward a 4th. The future is theirs to ponder.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad