Assassin's Creed: Shadows

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Assassin's Creed Shogun™.

The sooner it's out the more it'll likely be based on previous games. They should just forget Valhalla ever existed.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I guess they have a few months to optimize but I'm surprised it looks nearly graphically identical to say Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I liked Odyssey for exploring classical Greek style architecture and landscapes but didn't really enjoy Valhalla all that much in the end so I'll probably skip this. I could see it being worth it if they put a lot of effort into feudal Japan, the various landmarks, your average house for different classes of people from peasants to nobility and that's your thing.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I guess they have a few months to optimize but I'm surprised it looks nearly graphically identical to say Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I liked Odyssey for exploring classical Greek style architecture and landscapes but didn't really enjoy Valhalla all that much in the end so I'll probably skip this. I could see it being worth it if they put a lot of effort into feudal Japan, the various landmarks, your average house for different classes of people from peasants to nobility and that's your thing.

I think its the same development team as Odyssey so that's probably why.

I've been wanting this setting for well over a decade so I'm thrilled with this. I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to this series, although Valhalla was not one of my favorites, but everything I've heard sounds promising.

Reactions: Jovavic

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
wow a game set in feudal Japan we definitely don’t already have a million pieces of media set in this exact setting these days.

10 years too late Ubisoft.

Much like Valhalla it seems they’re just following trends now.

Reactions: Lilou

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Assassin's Creed is the franchise that should have done India already (Chronicles doesn't count), a huge missed opportunity.

Reactions: robertmac43

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
What was wrong with Valhalla, didnt read anything on problems
A large open world that felt devoid of life, not much to see or do beside repetitive puzzles that didn't really contribute to their environment. On the plus side the game did go a long way explaining the ancients background story, but personally I've never been a fan of that part and so the historical medieval side of the story on its own felt too weak.

After Gamergate and all that I'm all for having a diverse set of characters in video games, we certainly didn't get that 10 years ago, but in Valhalla or presumably now in Shadows that's getting a bit much for the historical setting. I know Yasuke is loosely based on a historical person, but a black man and a woman as the main warrior characters in Sengoku period Japan, really?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Assassin's Creed is the franchise that should have done India already (Chronicles doesn't count), a huge missed opportunity.
I said the same thing. A setting that has not been explored much in most media.

Feudal Japan has been done to death, especially recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad