2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Kakko was a great pick from everyone in the metro. Thank GOD they didnt take Byram or Dach.
We definitely got lucky with their first and second overall picks.

Kakko just isn't a NHL quality player right now.

Laffy improved considerably this season and looks like a first line player. But he's more like a JT level player, not like a McDavid level player fortunately.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
We definitely got lucky with their first and second overall picks.

Kakko just isn't a NHL quality player right now.

Laffy improved considerably this season and looks like a first line player. But he's more like a JT level player, not like a McDavid level player fortunately.
Honestly the Rangers are still very good, but they live and die by Shesterkin and the power play...YET AGAIN

I swear that team will never be a good 5v5 team.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Laffy improved considerably this season and looks like a first line player. But he's more like a JT level player
Er, he is? That’s being generous.

His improved play notwithstanding, we are very lucky they got first overall in that draft and not a different one.

But let’s not forget, they made the playoffs the year they got that first overall pick. So dumb.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Er, he is? That’s being generous.

His improved play notwithstanding, we are very lucky they got first overall in that draft and not a different one.

But let’s not forget, they made the playoffs the year they got that first overall pick. So dumb.
I mean he did look pretty good in these playoffs, but he's limited. I think JT is probably going to be the best comparison for him in terms of recently recent first overall picks.

He's not as good as players like Stamkos, McDavid, and Hughes.

He's probably going to be better than players like RNH, and Hall.

He's not a complete bust like Yakupov.

I have him in the JT and Nico tier.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Trouba crying? F’in scumbag, with them wee beady eyes

maxresdefault.jpg

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Gee
Since NYC convicted Trump, the Rangers haven't won a game . . .
On Tuesday, there's going to be a huge swarm of locusts
On Thursday, it will be blood when they turn on the faucet
Only God knows what's coming Saturday
Coincidence?
Or correlation?
:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Article by Staple in the Athletic today about the rags. Stape really been heavy drinkin the blue Kool-Aid. Regular season team built on come from behind victories and special teams is not a playoff winning team.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Article by Staple in the Athletic today about the rags. Stape really been heavy drinkin the blue Kool-Aid. Regular season team built on come from behind victories and special teams is not a playoff winning team.
what did he really say? Honestly the Rangers need way more grit

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Gee
Since NYC convicted Trump, the Rangers haven't won a game . . .
On Tuesday, there's going to be a huge swarm of locusts
On Thursday, it will be blood when they turn on the faucet
Only God knows what's coming Saturday
Coincidence?
Or correlation?
:sarcasm:
You left out dogs and cats living together and mass hysteria.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Dallas and the Rangers should win in 4-5 and 5-6 respectively. I do think the Rangers might lose to Dallas, they should not but Dallas reminds me closest of the 2004 Lightning. I am not overly impressed with the roster on paper but it seems maybe they had a season where everything went right. I am not sure DAL or NYR really has much of a window past this season, both are good and will be playoff teams for awhile but they have too many huge pieces who are like 30-34 years old which is a problem
Once I saw the classic BMOK33 oddly-specific prediction, I knew I could rest easy looking forward to a Panthers-Oilers final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad