Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean I'm not expecting a top 10 dman from Marner, but a slightly better contract than Nurse for Marner wouldn't be good for them either.

This isn't the Seth Jones from 8 years ago. Jones now is basically OEL 2.0 and is making 9.5M AAV for 6 more years. That's heavy negative value.

Dude peaked ultra early and started regressing in his mid 20's.

If you trade Marner for another big contract the other player better be good. Otherwise just take the cap space and build a defense with that.
I think Jones looks a lot worse than he really is playing on Chicago. I don't think he's anything amazing, but I do believe he can still play top pair minutes for a few seasons. If you are going for it, you might as well fix your team needs.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Bennett's game has always been there. He's not a big time scorer and that didn't really change going to Florida. His minutes and PP time went up. His style of play of being a nasty disposition, hard 2 way player was there in Calgary too. He always showed up in the playoffs for them.

IMO Kakko doesn't play a hard enough game to be a bottom six guy here and be successful. Then he's not nearly skilled enough to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. Which leaves him in kind of a no man's land. If the Avs played a different style in the bottom 6, maybe he could be successful here in that role... but his game just isn't suited to how the Avs play in that role. He'd likely end up a bad 2nd liner here.

Kakko's the new "I can fix him" Pizza Boy.
The size is always Queener on the Other side of the fence here. Maybe Nolan Patrick will come out of retirement.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think Jones looks a lot worse than he really is playing on Chicago. I don't think he's anything amazing, but I do believe he can still play top pair minutes for a few seasons. If you are going for it, you might as well fix your team needs.
I mean yes he’s been on bad teams, but his last couple years in Columbus he was also getting significantly outplayed by Werenski.

Even then is it really worth risking 6 years at 9.5 for a guy who hasn’t been good in like 3/4 seasons? A ~2nd pair dman at 9.5 is the last thing Toronto needs right now.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He was declining before joining the Hawks hence everyone screaming when they gave him that contract. It went about as well as expected.

As for team needs, the Leafs would be better off using the cap space to build their defense than giving 9.5M to Seth Jones for 6 more years, that's for sure.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
He was declining before joining the Hawks hence everyone screaming when they gave him that contract. It went about as well as expected.

As for team needs, the Leafs would be better off using the cap space to build their defense than giving 9.5M to Seth Jones for 6 more years, that's for sure.
It'd be funny though

Reactions: GeoRox89

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

But how do they build it? UFAs? You aren't finding worthwhile D without breaking the bank and overpaying. Drafting will take way too long.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Good thing he wasn't reading HFAvs back then...with you haters saying not-so-kind words about his dad :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad