2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Was looking at CapFriendly about buyouts for Cal, Cam, RyJo, and noticed the Scouting tab. A lot of scouting report on guys for '24 draft and reports on past prospects.

Oliver Bonk is rated at A+ / 1st Pairing.

Adding a link to the list sorted for the Flyers Scouting Reports - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Yeah I saw that as well about Bonk. Honestly, their scouting reports are all over the f***ing place.

Larry44

Mar 1, 2002
Yeah I saw that as well about Bonk. Honestly, their scouting reports are all over the f***ing place.
Not sure about their rankings, but it's good at least that they upgrade Bonk from A-/P2 to A+/P1 in the new report. From what I've seen of London in the last series, and at the WJC, he looks like he's going to be a good player. Skates well, moves the puck, defends very well, good size and aggressive enough. An all around 2-way D who puts on his cape on the PP to become, da da da, BumperBonk!!!!!

I'll be happy if he's a solid top 4 Dman, like Justin Braun in his own end with a bit more scoring touch....

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Barkey and Bonk look great. Bonk just does everything right on the ice, I can see him being a top pairing guy. Barkey is a huge wild card. Love his game, but will it translate? I think it will.

Reactions: Devonator

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When does the buzz start about Bonk starting the 24-25 season with the Flyers?

Maybe after it's announced that Risto or Drysdale will miss camp due to injury.

• Wow
Reactions: orangey

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I honestly have zero clue how to feel about Bonk. He obviously benefits a lot from being on a wagon of a London team, but… he’s a big piece of that wagon.

For me, Bonk has definitely stepped up from what I thought he was. I don't know how it will end up, but I think he's in a much position now than what he was when he was drafted.

Reactions: Devonator

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Whitelaw can fly.

Speaking of college hockey, is this team's only college free agent signing the last two years going to be a fringe AHLer? Meanwhile teams like Florida and Dallas just churn through the college free agency pool.

Bryce Brodzinski is free to sign now. Not sure the team would have interest anyway and he can go UFA in August. Pretty sure he wasn't at Dev Camp this summer so that may be an indication that the ship has sailed.

Has it been confirmed that the Flyers aren't signing Brodzinski?

Believe they have until August 15th. But thought it would have happened by now if there was still interest.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
1717092109208.png

clearly they don't watch the games? You can call frost a 3rd line player if you want, but calling him equal or less than laughton? that's hilarious.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Has it been confirmed that the Flyers aren't signing Brodzinski?

Believe they have until August 15th. But thought it would have happened by now if there was still interest.
The Flyers own Brodzinski's rights until August 15, 2024, but if he does not sign his ELC by that date, he will become a free agent.

According to Jess Myers of The Rink Live, the Minnesota native will most likely opt for free agency instead of signing with the Flyers. As of publication, there have not been many discussions between the Flyers and Brodzinski, with no contracts of any kind being drawn up.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not happening. Bonk is going back to London and to star for the WJC team again. Would love to have Sam Dickenson and Sam O'Reilly as Flyers' prospects to join them.

Do Dickinson and Bonk play together in London?

Larry44

Mar 1, 2002
Do Dickinson and Bonk play together in London?
In the previous playoff games I saw vs Oshawa, and the first couple MemCup games, Bonk played with Isaiah George, but in the key game vs. Saginaw, they played together to start all the periods, big ice time as first pair, effectively. Jackson Edward played with George. We'll see what happens in the final. In the last Saginaw game, rookie Henry Brzustewicz (D'25) barely played at all as the 6th D, and Jared Woolley (draft eligible) didn't see much ice either.

For such a dominant team, they have a young D: two draft eligibles this year, one for '25 and 3 already drafted.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad